Terms and Conditions
- Membership of the Hillwalkers Club is open to individuals over the age of 18 years of age. Please note that personal accident insurance is only available to members aged between 18 and 75 years of age.
- Mountaineering (including hillwalking, climbing and rambling) is an activity with a danger of personal injury or even death. Participants should be aware of and accept these risks. People who take part in our Club activities do so at their own risk and are responsible for their own actions and involvement. If you apply to join the Club you agree that you wish to take part in the activities despite these risks.
- The Hillwalkers Club establishes the bounds on its activities through the Constitution and rules of the club, and members agree to abide by these.
- Members should not undertake any club hiking activities if:
- they have any known medical ailment which may impair their ability to participate in club activities, or,
- they are taking any form of medication that will put their health or safety of others at risk.
- If a member is in any doubt on these matters, a doctor should be consulted prior to undertaking any club hiking activity.
- Members consent to personal medical data being shared with the club committee and hike leaders for the purposes of the delivery of safe participation in club activity. This data will not be shared or processed for any other purpose.
- Participants are aware that their photograph or video image may be taken whilst attending or participating in walks/climbs or activities connected with the Club and consent to it being used by the Club for items like programmes, newsletters, event reports or on the Club website or social media channels.
- Participants understand that the Hillwalkers Club will use the personal information given above for administration purposes in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and give their consent for such use.
- By submitting a completed membership form, you confirm that you have read and understood the privacy statement and how data will be used and shared, that you are willing to abide by the club code of conduct for members.